|Raven Golf Construction has successfully engaged in several Design / Build projects that have brought many positive benefits to the Client and the project itself. Design / Build is a "Back to the Future" approach to projects. Design / Build was the standard practice for millennia - all the great Cathedrals and Churches of Europe were built utilizing this method. Here is an overview of some of the benefits to a Design / Build Concept:
- A team is put in place that consist of The Golf Course Architect and Golf Course Contractor and a Golf Course Superintendent. A budget number is then determined that both the Designer and Contractor share.
- The Client, Designer and Contractor then develop and outline the complete scope of work to be performed for the pre-determined budget. The Designer and Contractor then agree on the scope of work and agree to the Budget for that scope of work. The owner knows exactly what he is getting and exactly how much he is going to spend.
- From this point, work can begin quickly without waiting for a Designer to complete his full set of plans for the project. It can usually speed construction up by 30 %. This obviously allows an Owner to open sooner and begin collecting revenues.
- This concept minimizes and almost eliminates change orders.
- The Designer and Contractor can save the client additional money on "value engineering" items as they come up in the field. An experienced Golf Course Contractor can save a client big money without sacrificing any quality.
- The Design / Build team can also save the Client money by utilizing the Superintendent on the team to supply and furnish materials for the job. Golf Course Contractors normally can add 10 to 15 % on as mark -up for handling materials. This approach saves the client that cost and allows the Superintendent to get the materials he wants anyway.
- According to the Design / Build Institute of America; Litigation is virtually cut in half on Design / Build projects.
- The Design / Build concept for the project puts everyone the same Team. Less job friction, stress and money battles occur between Golf Course Designer and Golf Course Contractor.
- Selection of the Golf Course Contractor and Golf Course Designer is based upon experience rather than just the lowest number put on a bid form. The Designer doesn’t know who he might end up getting stuck to work with. Low-balling bids is eliminated.
- The Design / Build concept minimizes the initial upfront investment by the Client.
Bottom line, the Design / Build process creates faster construction, lowers costs, increases quality of work and minimizes possible litigation. A win / win scenario for all.
If your interested in Speaking to us about a Design / Build Project, contact our offices and we can share with you several top Golf Course Designers we have worked with on this concept. Speak with Mr. Jim Kuykendall 205.275.8899